Even CNN seemed a little shocked by this one:
http://edition.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/02/23/obama.sobu/
So, let's see now...If anyone cares to bother, please go BACK to BAC http://yikes101.blogspot.com/ and watch the Jesse Jackson, Jr., video with his own crocodile tears about how shocked he was that Clinton "cried" in New Hampshire about her own candidacy but failed to "cry" for the victims of Hurricane Katrina.
Well, I don't know exactly where Senator Gumdrop or the Representative are exactly, but Clinton is in New Orleans at a Black leadership forum whose focus is Katrina. Oh, that's right, Obama -- who has steadfastly refused to join the Congressional Black Caucus -- has to miss this particular event because of important campaigning he has to do in Texas. Yes, he can be a regular politician. Make that yes, he is a regular politician. But but but but but...New Orleans is hard against which other major urban center? Oh, that's right. Houston, TEXAS.
So, what gives? This should be an easy one for Gumdrops. A black leadership conference in New Orleans close to the Texas primary? Yes? No? Or what? I'll give Axelrod and Obama a lot of credit here actually for learning something about power politics as the race has gone on. Obama's strength is obviously with African-American voters, but he might not even need much more than 60% of that bloc right now because Texas is an open primary and Obama is also strong among two other blocs: Republicans/far-right Democrats and what Fairlane accurately calls "liberal Wingnuts": the younger, more affluent, knee-jerk, White liberals who like the idea of a post-racial America but don't actually want to do deal with Black people.
So, by spuring an event that should be his meat, Obama is signalling that he's OK for racist Whites in Texas to support. And that the old John Lennon tune is in effect. "Woman Is the...." Y'all know the rest. If this is the "politics of hope" and "yes, we can," I'm Jesus Christ's sister, Sue. This is instrumental politics being well-played. As I wrote, I'll give the guy credit for learning how to play. It may serve him well against McCain. I sure hope so. Pat Buchanan told me all I need to know about McCain: "John McCain makes Bush look like Ghandi." I don't get NBC or MSNBC here but I understand that Rachel Maddow and Pat Buchanan are excellent together. Two real pros. Both very bright, learned and charming, albeit with extremely different points of view. I rate them as the best liberal and best conservative pundits, respectively, by far.
And, for the record, YES I will root like crazy for Obama to beat McCain, even though I'll enjoy watching Obama squirm a little as he faces a real dirty campaigner without the press having his back. I'm also refusing to vote in protest of the unfairness of our electoral distribution and the taxation without representation we face. Obama's not ready for the job but McCain is all-too-ready to get up to no end of violent mischief.
But over the last two weeks, this Kucinich-supporting son of two Kucinich supporters has agreed with Bill Bennett, Pat Buchanan, David Frum, and now -- miracle of miracles, for the first time ever, give that man a cigar -- David Brooks!
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/02/19/opinion/19brooks.html?hp
In other news, two bad results last night. Panama Metro lost at home to Chiriqui, 7-0, with our home-town heroes unable to solve the magnificent change-up of Bracy Randolph. I think the game was poorly managed by Metro because Rod Carew stadium is a severe pitchers' park and the idea is for batters to be patient, go deep into counts, take a lot of walks and called strikeouts and tire the starter out with the idea of playing for one middle innings clump of runs. Metro was just hacking away, letting Randolph conserve energy. The highly touted Metro starter, Lenin Picota, was out of shape and out of gas in three innings. Urgh. The New York Mets, Panama Metro, it's all of a heart-breaking piece. Anybody can root for Chiriqui or Herrera just like anybody can root for Rudy Giuliani's Girls. Real fans support Metro.
Ah, the other bad result. Wladimir Klitschko unified the world heavyweight championship with a unanimous decision over Sultan Ibraghimov. I think this was Klitschko's best fight yet. Ibraghimov is certainly the best boxer he's beaten, and I think WK looked better in winning this decision against Ibraghimov than he did in knocking-out the bigger Calvin Brock. Credit Emmanuel Steward for kind of remaking K in Lennox Lewis's image, in other words, adding some speed (as weird as that sounds) and taking off a few pounds (as weird as THAT sounds). I guess in this day and age, a 225 lb fighter like Ibraghimov as talented as he is is just too small, especially against a well-trained Klitschko. Maskaev-Peter is the next big heavyweight fight and the Joe Calzaghe-Bernard Hopkins super-middleweight fight sets up an interesting decision for the Kelly Pavlik people. Should they go for Taylor III or fight the winner of Calzaghe-Hopkins? I want the latter.
I eagerly await No_slappz's explanations of why I'm wrong about Obama, Metro, Chiriqui, Bracy Randolph, Lenin Picota, how to manage at Rod Carew Stadium, Wladimir Klitschko, Sultan Ibraghimov, Emmanuel Steward, the upcoming heavies and super-middies and the Pavlik choice.
Oh, apparently, this Technorati stats blogswarm thing's for real. So, in honor of BAC's fine work in support of Senator Clinton's campaign, I present her blogroll:
Links
all the way from oy to vey
Americans United
AMERICAblog
Angry Girl
Atomic Romance
Bad Astronomy
Bad Catholic
Beautiful Day Rule
Being Jane
Mrs. Betty Bowers, America's Best Christian
Beyond Satire
black feminism
Blog Against Theocracy
Blue Gal
Boxer Rebellion
Buzz Flash
Cap'n Dyke, Pirate Queen & Rogue Blogger
Carnival of the Liberals
Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster
coffee messiah
Comrade Kevin's Chrestomathy
Corrente Wire
Crooks and Liars
Culture Kitchen
Culture Shocks
darkblack
DIRELAND - Doug Ireland
Disciples From the Left
distributorcap NY
Don't Amend.com
d r i f t g l a s s
Falafel Sex, And Other Things Best Left Unsaid
Feministe
firedoglake
FranIAm
Freedom to Marry
Freida Bee
Gendergeek
Green LA Girl
Heart, Soul & Humor
Howling Latina
Hullabaloo
I can't believe it's not a democracy!
Impeachment and Other Dreams
Indecision 2008
Infidel753
I, Splotchy
I was just wondering
Jesus Politics
Jonestown
Kelso's Nuts
Last left turn before Hooterville
L'ennui mélodieux
Life's Journey
Liberal Oasis
Liberal rage
Little Bang Theory
Mainstream Baptist
Mauigirl's Meanderings
MEDIA girl
Mental Detritus
Miss Cellania
Mock Paper Scissors
Monkey Muck
My Left Wing
Nailing Jello to the Wall
Neural Gourmet
NEWSCOMA
Newseum
No Smoking in the Skullcave
NPR
OBJECT
One Pissed Off Veteran
Pam's House Blend ... always steamin'
Pharyngula
PoliTits
PSOTD
Reclusive Leftist
Republic of Sestakastan
Rock Ridge Institute
Rotus
Scrutiny Hooligans
Shakesville
Skippy the bush kangaroo!
Straight, Not Narrow
Stealth Lesbian
Tanya Espanya
Tapped
Taylor Marsh
Tennessee Guerilla Women
The Carpetbagger Report
The Dean's Office
The Disenchanted Forest
The Divine Democrat
The Largest Minority
The Nation
The Nefarious Lair of LGPPP, Inc. (Lesbian Gangs Packing Pink Pistols)
The Omnipotent Poobah Speaks!
The Onion
The Ostroy Report
The Otherwhirled
The Political Compass
The Quaker Agitator
The Rachel Maddow Show
The Randi Rhodes Show
The Smoking Gun
The Squirrel Queen
Think Progress
Tom Paine
Viva La Feminista
wishing for wisdom
Wonkette
Zaius Nation
THOMAS Congressional Legislative Information on the Internet
Kelso's Nuts love you
Sunday, February 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I believe you know my story. I voted for Hillary. I will vote the nominated Democrat in the General.
And thanks for including me in your esteemed blogroll, my friend.
My folks voted for Clinton. My sister voted for Obama. I passed out of protest for the few delegates we got, as I'll pass in protest for the few electors we get, though the gringo community here are such assholes, I may have to cast my 1/8 vote for Obama anyway. It might even make a difference!
D-CUP:
I think you've got two links -- your own and Jonestown. You're in rarified company there, darling: yourself, Fairlane, Dave Dancy, SuziRiot, and the HELLIONS.
Post a Comment