I would like some answers, however, to some concrete questions:
- What does Barack Obama mean by "change?"
- Why does no reporter ask him that simple question?
- Why does Barack Obama's rhetoric remind one of nothing so much as George W. Bush's in the 2000 campaign? Does no one remember "the uniter?"
- Why does no reporter or columnist mention that?
- Why was Bill Richardson asked over and over again if he preferred saving an Arab's life to saving an American's?
- Why does the press not tell the truth about Howard Dean's loss in Iowa?
- Why is that truth not described thusly: it was a draw from a random bag which slightly favored Dean, and Dean lost?
- Would you not be frustrated if you were Howard Dean and had just lost as a slight favorite?
- Why does the press make it seem that the "scream" preceded the results and not vice-versa?
- Why is Hillary Clinton's campaign portrayed as "floundering" when, as I type she holds a +21.5% lead over the rest of the Democratic field in a 10-poll national average?
- Why does the press make the point that Hillary Clinton has copied John Edwards' Iraq withdrawal plan yet clings to the idea that Barack Obama is the "dove" in the race?
- Why has no one noticed that Obama's Iraq plan and health-care plan bear remarkable similarities to John McCain's?
- Why don't "young voters" care about this?
- Why are Hillary Clinton's and Ron Paul's substantial campaign funds seen as dangerous and Obama's seen as benign?
- How is it that Obama has raised all that money from the same sources everyone (except Paul) has yet he is portrayed as running a clean, grass-roots campaign?
- Why does the press hate John Edwards?
- When Barack Obama told CNN that should he be elected he would have many Republicans in his adminstration, why was that not front-page news?
- Why am I, Kelso -- perhaps the most pathetic blogger in the known universe -- the only person across the telegraph wire to mention the name Bobby Rush?
- Why, as Alan Keyes is still a Republican candidate for President, and lost for US Senate to Barack Obama in 2004 has no one mentioned how terribly alike their platforms are?
- What happened to Admiral Fallon?
- Why has no reporter asked Barack Obama why he has such problems with gay people?
- Why don't "young voters" care about that?
- Where's Senator Dick Durbin (D-IL)?
- Does that not strike anyone out there as odd, given that the Junior U.S. Senator and fellow "Democrat" is the 2nd choice for the Democratic Nominee for President of the United States?
- Why do I have to do this every day?
- Why can't another blogger, let alone a reporter or columnist do this once in a while?
- Am I missing something in thinking that collaborating with Republicans and hating gay people is the status quo and not change?
- Doesn't Black homophobia stink as bad as White homophobia does?
I'd bet Edwards in Iowa if the price were big enough, say 7/2 or better. I'd take Clinton at 3/2. I do agree with the MSM that if Clinton wins Iowa, it's gin-rummy. If I could play a House-Q, I'd slam Romney-Huckabee for mylungs and my son's toys and I'd mess with trifectas that looked like this: HR/HR/Paul, HR/HR/Giuliani, HR/HR/Thompson for money and HR/HR/Tancredo for a ham sandwich, letting the "resurgent" McCain beat me for third. Otherwise, children, you are on your own.
Isn't this all kind of depressing? Won't it be a lot less depressing when Senator Clinton finally does lay down gin? I'm going to want to start writing a lot more about an African-American who grew up rich and intelligent and has had a remarkable, once-in-two-generations career, Barry Bonds. I'm going to want to stop writing about an African-American who grew up rich and intelligent and has had a bog-standard career as a bog-standard pol, "Barry" Obama.
When do pitchers and catchers report?
Kelso's Nuts love you
13 comments:
It's a joke to think that we have a truly democratic society here in the US when the MSM and the special interest groups (btw the MSM is a special interest group now too as they are big corp) create the agenda and pick the winners. They must be laughing in the board room as we speak.
great questions. every single one of them. repeat, EVERY SINGLE ONE.
i've sensed, in my own kind of lazy viewing of hardball, etc., that the MSM is now leaning Obama, where it was, just a few months back, leaning Hilary. i've been wondering why that is, what EXACTLY the flip is about. ratings most like, but it's all so ephemeral. as you implied, there are no HARD questions being asked. isn't that what HARDBALL was supposed to be about? what a complete joke that show has become.
the people on these shows are such tools: chris matthews, norah o'donnell, and that whole cast of ... i wouldn't even call them 'characters' because they lack it so.
Billymac: They are the BIGGEST special interest group because they get the money from the political ads. I actually don't think they're laughing at all. I think that they see their days as a big-time special interest were few and growing fewer. Obama got most of his money from Oprah Winfrey and Time Warner. Hillary from Defense and Wall Street. Pick your poison. The press knows that the blogs are the future of news and that's probably why this Writer's Guild strike is -- after Iraq and the dollar -- the most important political issue.
ANITA: I don't get MSNBC here so I have no opinion on HARDBALL. My impression from the crookslandliars clips is that Matthews asks one good question for every 15 stupid ones.
I don't think my questions are the ravings of a loony liberal at all. I think they're quite reasonable and I don't know why they're not asked. The are by and large perfect questions for the MSM to be asking the candidates and themselves.
Did you know there's a Democratic primary (actually a caucus) in London for all US-expats, and it will send a meaningful number of delegates to the convention?
Howard Dean was in London recently doing some campaigning.
If you want to find out more I can try to put you in touch with a Democratic organizer in London.
Thanks. I'm debating who needs my vote more: HRC or whoever the PRD puts up against Billy Ford in 2009. Much as I dislike Billy Ford, if a Euro or Swissy currency board is part of his platform, I'll root for him. And keep my US citizenshop. Then again, he'll be more cooperative with Sam than any PRD candidate would possibly be, so it could be a double-edged sword. Ah, the vicissitudes of Latin politics.
Of course, my attorney is thinking of running for assembly from El Dorado (thta's very big, like being a Senator from New Jersey). If she decides to go in 2009, I'll defiitely switch so I can support her and raise money for her.
Great start for Hillary. She's knockin' 'em dead.
i guess you're not too happy today, kelso. although i actually thought edwards did a mighty fine "concession" speech (or was it a "non-concession" speech?) i think he's gonna get my vote when it comes to "super tuesday." where else to turn?
huckabee retains, in my mind, the title of "Huckleberry."
ps ... i restarted my blog. it's pretty pitiful so far. but eventually my brainwaves will start to re-energize. or at least that's the hope. i don't intend on it being a 'political' blog in any way ... all 'youseguys' have got that done pretty well, no need for my input on that.
Obama's alleged homophobia is not enough to exclude him from the pack of degenerates he shares the ballot with- Hillary hates men no one says anything about that. It has nothing to do with his or her integrity. Lick your wounds and do not go 'all in' against him.
I do not like any of the choices but I would rather work for him- it is about time we give the black guy a chance to screw up. Afterwards No Slappz can say 'i told you so'
Check out a colleague; he is P.R. for Bobby rush he has a nice online venture
www.beansouptimes.com
Toure Muhammad, former Final Call journalist that explains his great sense of humor.
Dave: I'm surprised at you. You're bright, street-wise and "internets"-savvy. Google "Dan Lasater" or "Dave Vance" and tell me if Hillary "hates men". Obama IS a homophobe, full stop. When asked what he's done to LEAD on gay rights, he answered "I mentioned THEM in my speech." There's McClurkin and all that. I am aware and sensitive to the issue of 1/3 of the male African-American community having to get caught up in the system at some point, so the politics of this is not as clear cut as I'd them to be, but Obama, a rich kid, was apart from all that.
Didn't Toure write some mainstream press articles on music?
I'm a pretty conservative gambler. I've got a good-sized position, but I still like my side. I have no wounds. Obama won a few delegates. Paul Tsongas finished ahead of Bill Clinton in both Iowa and New Hampshire, remember? I'll probably press my position a little. It won't break me. Kelso Jr won't lack for baseball cards no matter what happens. No_slappz can write whatever he feels, but Dave you and I know he's a racist and a sexist so it's kind a of wash for him. He's a Giuliani guy.
No_slappz: If I lose this thing, it won't be you collecting. It will be the nameless people who took the other sides of my plays in the large-money political markets. Enjoy your tron job in the cubicle, buddy. Me? I'll do some work and maybe meet up with some friends in Cartagena, Colombia for beach time. Living well is the best revenge against right-wingers! No taking their money is. I was correlated with crude at $18/bbl. You? Where I come from you'd be called a "juguete" (toy).
Dave: A thought on "race" I've been on about quite a bit but forgot to reiterate here. I have no problem whatsoever with your idea of "giving the black guy a chance." I have a problem with "the black guy's" ideology.
But it's pretty sad that this is where America is at, I think. My president, Martin Torrijos, has DARKER SKIN than Obama does. Toro is widely regarded as a Center-Left pol with a pro-business orientation. If someone with Toro's SKIN COLOR and PLATFORM (pro-business, notwithstanding), the MSM would be calling him a "communist" and saying "come back Howard Dean, Dennis Kucinich, John Edwards...all is forgiven." But you know that, don't you?
There's a multiple spectre-haunt about in the USA.
kelso, you wrote:
"No_slappz: If I lose this thing, it won't be you collecting. It will be the nameless people who took the other sides of my plays in the large-money political markets."
I'm not interested in the money.
N_s:
I'm the pinko. You're the Wall Street man. Something's wrong with this picture.
Post a Comment